Subject: Vs: MSD data request clarification
From: "Janne Sepp" <[email-masked]>
To: Veips, Artūrs <[email-masked]>, "Dzirkale, Ieva" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Muursepp, Andres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2025 12:47:01 +0300

Dear Arturs,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please find my answers written in bold text:

1.           Is it possible to recieve this data on monthly basis?
Quarterly data while great, leaves a large period blank until we recieve
the next report, therefore would be greatly appreciated if we recieved
this information on monthly basis. – Estonian State Agency has the data on
quarterly basis only. The data source is wholesalers’ quarterly reports.
So this is the time frame we have.

2.           Is it possible to add a column in the reports that discloses
to what institution exactly the products have been shipped as currently
only totals for hospitals, pharmacies and others are visible. – The
wholesalers’ provide their data to us as the total amount sold to the
sectors and they do not distinguish institutions separately. Therefore
this is the maximum data we have and provide.

3.           Could you please provide guidance on the availability of data
related to oncology, specifically concerning ICD-10 codes, and the
associated costs for each treatment? – Probably you could ask this
information from Estonian Health Insurance Fund
(https://www.tervisekassa.ee/en). OECD recently shared their newest
reports on this topic (attached). See also:
https://www.oecd.org/content/oecd/en/search.html?q=cancer+profiles
<https://www.oecd.org/content/oecd/en/search.html?q=cancer+profiles&orderB
y=mostRelevant&page=0> &orderBy=mostRelevant&page=0

General overviews about Estonian medicinal products market can be found on
our website publications:

https://ravimiamet.ee/en/statistics/statistics-medicines (2024 overview
will be published soon)

https://ravimiamet.ee/en/statistics/statistical-yearbooks

I hope my answers were helpful.

Kind regards,

Janne Sepp

State Agency of Medicines

Department of Post-Authorisation Safety

Bureau of Drug Statistics

Specialist

Phone: +372 737 4140

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Nooruse 1, 50411 Tartu, Estonia

www.ravimiamet.ee

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted may contain confidential and
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately by returning the e-mail and permanently
deleting what you have recieved. Any dissemination or use of this
information by a third person without permission is prohibited and may be
illegaal.

Saatja: Veips, Artūrs <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: teisipäev, 18. märts 2025 12:34
Adressaat: Janne Sepp <[email-masked]>; Dzirkale, Ieva
<[email-masked]>
Koopia: Muursepp, Andres <[email-masked]>
Teema: MSD data request clarification

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Proprietary

Hello Janne.

I am new Data analyst for MSD Baltics, my colleague Andres Muursepp
recommended that I get in touch with you regarding a report we recieve
from you on quarterly basis called “EE Medicine Agency statistics”.

Could you please clarify few aspects regarding the data and its
availability.

1.	Is it possible to recieve this data on monthly basis? Quarterly
data while great, leaves a large period blank until we recieve the next
report, therefore would be greatly appreciated if we recieved this
information on monthly basis.
2.	Is it possible to add a column in the reports that discloses to
what institution exactly the products have been shipped as currently only
totals for hospitals, pharmacies and others are visible.
3.	Could you please provide guidance on the availability of data
related to oncology, specifically concerning ICD-10 codes, and the
associated costs for each treatment?

If this should be adressed to someone else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Artūrs Veips
Insight analyst Baltic region
MSD

A. Skanstes str. 50A, Riga, Latvia LV-1013

M. +371 28781254

 <http://www.msd.lv/> www.msd.lv

Today MSD is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well.
MSD is a tradename of Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ., U.S.A. Through our
prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care
and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more
than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. We also
demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through
far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships. For more information,
visit www.msd.com <http://www.msd.com>